Students Vote on Campus for President

Our Campus was a voting location for the recent elections. Senior John Sevier was a first time voter. I wanted a say in my community and to be apart of something greater. One candidate had good intentions for everyone, so I voted for them to be my future president said Sevier.

Vanessa Zuleta

Our Campus was a voting location for the recent elections. Senior John Sevier was a first time voter. “I wanted a say in my community and to be apart of something greater. One candidate had good intentions for everyone, so I voted for them to be my future president” said Sevier.

Evangeline Theruvath, Staff Writer

Students were able to vote at the school, in their neighborhood for elections, since the campus was an official polling place.

“The custodians set-up tables in the gym foyer and made sure that the doors were unlocked for voters,” Associate Assistant Leianne Babaa said.  “The Tarrant County Elections representative handled everything else.”

The ballot also included local and state elections.

“You have the right to vote and you should express your opinions,” Assistant Principal Miguel Garza said. “If you don’t, then you can’t complain about what happens with the presidential campaign. There’s a lot of things beside the presidential race that we voted for.”

So not to disturb the school day, voters parked outside the main gym and entered the building through the lobby. Eligible seniors were able to vote before and after school.

Babaa said, “If important issues are addressed by the leaders of tomorrow, perhaps today’s youth can reduce or eliminate those issues before the next generation reaches young adulthood.”