Varsity Basketball Girls Wins Against Legacy

Varsity Lady Wolves won against Midlothan High School with a score of 58-23. During first half, Senior, Taylahh Thomas, felt that the team started off rough because the ball wasnt moved around enough. We did much better in the second half by only letting them score 9 points and executing on offense.

Vanessa Zuleta

Varsity Lady Wolves won against Midlothan High School with a score of 58-23. During first half, Senior, Taylahh Thomas, felt that the team started off rough because the ball wasn’t moved around enough. “We did much better in the second half by only letting them score 9 points and executing on offense.”

Paulina Zuleta, Editor-in-Chief

With a score of 57-46, the Varsity Girls Basketball won against the Legacy Broncos in an away game on Jan. 7.

“I plan on working more on my game and improving myself to help improve my team so we can continue to win,” senior Tre’lynn Tyler said.

Because of bad weather the game was rescheduled from Friday to Saturday.

“As a team, we played pretty good,” Tyler said. “We had players missing because of sickness and we were pretty sick on the floor, but we pushed through to get a great win and stuck together.”

The team is ranked 2 in 5A district.

“Rankings are something you work for, but really only the final standings matter to us,” Coach Kit Martin said.

The next game will be on Jan. 10, at 6:30 p.m., against the Lancaster Tigers.

“We have a tradition of excellence and our past accomplishments will always make us a team to beat,” Martin said. “We can only affect the next play and the next game to stay focused.”