Varsity Football Earns Playoffs Spot

Timberview varsity football team wins against Lake Ridge HS with a score of 35-7.

Ashley Ho

Dallas Johnson, Staff Writer

With a win of 35-7, the Varsity football team beat the state runner-up Lake Ridge while also securing a playoff spot.

“It’s was a big win (since) Lake Ridge is a great team but tonight we proved our dominance and got an automatic playoff spot,” Coach Robert Johnson said. “I’m super proud of this group of guys and I believe we will go farther than we did last year.”

Lake Ridge didn‘t score at all in the second half.

“Everyone on the defense and offense side of the ball did their job,” junior Steven Lucas said.  “When we all execute and play with full hearts the team’s level of play is great.”

This will be the fourth consecutive year the team has advanced to playoffs.

“The game wasn’t just another regular season game for the seniors on the team,” senior Cirby Jordan said. “It’s the last time we’ll face our cross town rivals. I’m just glad we won the last one.”

Coming into the regular season, the team was ranked eighth in polls.

“This school has a rich history of football success,” Jordan said.” “Looking back at my high school career, I realized I’ve never seen a team on the outside looking in.”

Information on playoffs has not be finalized.

“In high school sports people are always going to count you out,” Johnson said. “All of those negative comments don’t matter when you have a group of guys who know they’re talented.”