Junior Auction Raises Money

Prepared to buy a junior, Karla Reynoso places her first bid.

Skyla Westphal

Hannah Patterson, Managing Editor

In order to raise money for the junior class, Student Council Officers are presenting “An Early Christmas”, when students will be auctioned off.

“The auction is where a student can purchase another student for the day,” Junior Class Secretary Alesa Gerald said.

When she chose participants, Gerald tried to incorporate people from different aspects of the school.

“I tried to make sure the population of the school was well represented, so I picked from every social group and club,” she said.

The money collected will be used for future events.

“We’re trying to raise as much money as possible so we will have an excellent prom,” Gerald said. “We even started a hash tag: ‘#NoMoneyNoProm’ to motivate students.”

Junior Treyvian Bolton said after a student is bought, they have to do various activities.

“I’m afraid someone is going to buy me and make me do something insane and embarrassing but as long as I’m bought and we’re making money, I think I’ll get over it,” he said.

Bidding starts at $5 in the Cafeteria and will last until tomorrow. The winners will be presented their juniors on Thursday.

“I want this auction to be fun so that everyone knows we mean business,” Gerald said. “Our goal is to raise as much money as we can, have as much fun as possible and have the Junior Class feel more involved.”