Fall Art Camp For Kids This Weekend

Kiarra Windham, Staff Writer

In order to raise money for the Spring New York trip, Art Club is hosting the third annual Fall Art Camp.

“I have come to really enjoy the experience the event provides for the high school students and the elementary to interact and develop relationships,” Art teacher Dallas Williams said.

The camp has a target audience of Kindergarten through sixth grade and costs $35.

“The money goes to materials and supplies for the crafts and it’s also a fundraiser,” Williams said.

The high school volunteers will collaborate with younger children to create their own artwork.

“I love seeing others, especially young kids with big imaginations and the best creativity being shown,” Williams said. “It’s like teaching something new that they can carry with them.”

Sophomore Ashley Ho, Art Club member, said she is excited to be working with children.

“I want to do it because it looks good on my college application, but also it will be fun to see the kids creating and trying new things,” she said.

Anyone can volunteer to help with the event.

“Students that can work the whole day are assigned to campers, others are assigned to help maintain materials and set-up for the next project,” Williams said.

Every volunteer be given a different task.

“They have to be there to help keep track of the students, support their needs, get the supplies for them, explain projects and help them with difficult tasks such as hot glue.” Williams said.

Different crafts will be made throughout the day.

“All activities are fall based (since) we do seasonal projects,” Williams said.

Williams said each child will create individual projects.

She said, “I love how 30 little kids can take a single prompt that I give them and create 30 totally unique projects.”