10 Holiday Gifts Ideas for Under $10

Erica Harrington, Staff Writer

If you are low on cash but still looking for holiday gifts for your friends, look no further!

Candles are great gifts for those who appreciate the simple things. Bath & Body Works has “mini candles” available for $4.50. The store also has a section of holiday themed candles such as “’Tis the Season” and “Fresh Sparkling Snow.”

Not everybody can appreciate a pair of socks but most females love the fuzzy types. So head to the dollar section at Target or Five Below to pick a pair out. Make sure to get a pattern you think they will like, not the ones you want.

If there’s a gamer in your family, they’ll definitely appreciate a game gift card for the PlayStation or Xbox store. Because Microsoft doesn’t carry physical gift cards under $20, you can purchase and download a gift card on the Microsoft website. Or run by Gamestop for an even better selection.

An iTunes or Google Play gift card is a great present for almost anyone with an electronic device, which should cover just about everyone you know. These gift cards can be used to buy music or apps.

A phone case can be found almost anywhere. This item would be nice for your clumsy friend who drops their phone a lot, or for the one that likes to switch their case out as often as the days change. Cheap ones can be found at Five Below. Just make sure to find out the exact model of their phone.

Headphones are important to nearly everyone, whether you’re listening to music or watching a funny video. This is a perfect gift because even if someone already has a pair, it’s always good to have a back up.

Pajama pants are essential for the season. Anyone would be delighted to open a gift and see new, soft pants to get comfortable in. This can even be used year round so avoid buying a holiday themed pair.

Lots of candy to go around can be purchased for way under $10. Buying someone’s favorite treat can be an inexpensive gift because it lets that person know that you remember the little things about him or her. Find out what they like before you go crazy though. Some just like Skittles while others just want chocolate.

Items like small eye shadow palettes, lip-gloss sets and nail polish could be appreciated by a teenage friend who loves wearing makeup or a smaller kid that wants to play around with it. Try to match the colors with what you think they currently wear.

Don’t laugh but by second semester your mechanical pencils are almost out of lead and you can’t seem to find a piece of paper. School supplies aren’t the most ideal gift but the receiver will mentally thank you in the long run. Everything from fun pens to sticky notes could help make school a little brighter.