The School Newspaper of Timberview High School

The Outlook

Fall Season Brings Return of TV Favorites

Paulina Zuleta, Staff Writer

It’s about that time of the year when all we want to do is bundle up in a blanket, drink hot cocoa and watch television. Everyone is anxious for their favorite T.V. show to start.

This fall season we have many popular shows that are returning including; “Once Upon a Time,” “The Vampire Diaries,” “The Walking Dead” and “Awkward”. All of the new episodes will cover new conflicts, obstacles, friends and working together to stay alive.

We all have seen the Disney movie “Frozen” where Elsa thawed Anna’s heart with the act of true love but on Sep. 28, ABCs upcoming season four brings a twist on “Once Upon A Time”. This season Anna’s heart won’t be thawed by Elsa, starring Elizabeth Mitchelle, and this will be the first time ever portraying a dark side to Elsa. There are also several other “Frozen” characters starring with Mitchell, Anna (Elizabeth Lail), Kristoff (Scott Michael Foster), Hans (Tyler Jacob Moore) and Pabbie, the elder troll (voiced by John Rhys-Davies).

Returning to its sixth season, “The Vampire Diaries” focuses on the grief Elena (Nina Dobrev) experiences since the loss of her best-friend Bonnie (Kat Graham) and her lover Damon (Ian Somerhalder). While Elena returns to Whitmore College to start her sophomore year, Caroline (Candice Accola) is looking for a way to reverse the travelers’ spell in Mystic Falls. Tyler (Michael Trevino) is now human and coping with his anger issues, and his best buddy Matt (Zach Roerig) struggles to help Jeremy (Steven R. McQueen) with the loss of his lover (Bonnie). After two seasons of being a ghost, Alaric (Matt Davis) is back as a vampire and meets Jo (guest star Jodi Lyn O’Keefe), a beautiful doctor at the university hospital. Let’s not forget about Stefan (Paul Wesley) believed to be looking for a way to bring Bonnie and Damon back, but of course Elena finds out the truth. Also, to top off all of their problems there is a new villain in town. Make sure to catch the first episode of the season on Thursday, Oct. 2.

At the end of season four on AMC’s “The Walking Dead,” Rick (Andrew Lincoln) finally has reunited with the other groups that were split in the beginning of the season, and now they are off to find a better place to stay. They arrive at a city that seemed safe, but soon they realize that they have rivals. On Oct.12, Rick and his group try to figure out how to escape their new rivals and get to a cure in Washington D.C.

MTV has arranged 10 additional episodes for season 4B of “Awkward,” starting Sep. 28. There is two-thirds left of senior year for Jenna (Ashley Rickards), and she is still not over Matty (Beau Mirchoff). Even though Jenna is the one that cheated on him with her now ex-boyfriend, she still feels the sparks. As their senior year progresses, everyone is getting ready for college but that doesn’t take away from the comedy in the show.

Even though school is starting, make sure to give yourself a break every once in a while. Take some time to catch up on these popular shows. You won’t regret the much-needed entertainment!