School Joins with Legacy for Trick-or-Treat at Football Game

Skyla Westphal

In order to provide a safe way to trick-or-treat for younger siblings of football players, the school and Legacy are joining together.

Hannah Patterson, Staff Writer

With Halloween almost here, kids have only one thing on their minds – candy. This year the school is pairing up with Legacy High School for “Boo Blitz,” a fun and safe way for kids to trick-or-treat before and during the first quarter of the football game.

“It was a project that Legacy also wanted to participate in, so we decided to do something together,” Student Council Sponsor Heather Colburn said.

Junior Adriana Tapia said she likes the new take on the holiday.

“It’s really unique that we’re doing it and it’s a great idea since Halloween is on a Friday,” she said.

The participating clubs and organizations are responsible for their own decorations.

“I’m expecting the parking lot to look like a Halloween store threw up on it,” Tapia said.

It was originally planned for the younger siblings of football players who would be at the game late instead of Trick-or-Treating.

“We want the younger siblings and those participating in the football game to have a safe and enjoyable night,” Colburn said.

The trick-or-treating stations will be set up behind the scoreboard.

“I would rather go to the school’s trick-or-treat because I feel like it’s an event for younger siblings and the fact that they can support their family and have a fun night is something I would have loved to do,” Senior Vanessa Alcaraz said.

Both schools are supporting each other, regardless of being rivals on the field.

“Although we are playing Legacy that night and want to win, we are all coming together for the kids,” Colburn said.

Alcaraz said she has high hopes for the night.

She said, “It’s cute because we get to pass out candy to the kids which will make them leave with a smile and the kids are really going to like it.”