SEC Universities Host Informational Panel

Anh Trinh, Editor

To inform upperclassmen, students across the Dallas-Fort Worth (DFW) area are invited to a panel discussion filled by participating Southeastern Conference Universities on March 18.

“I haven’t decided on which school I want to attend yet,” senior Aaron Herrera said. “This is a cool opportunity to help me in my decision process.”

The event will take place at the district’s Performing Arts Center (PAC) from 6:30 p.m. to 8 p.m.

“I decided to graduate early and finish school my junior year so having an event where my questions can be answered immediately is really helpful,” senior Hami Tran said. “Being able to ask what some of the most prominent universities in the south look for in college applicants will not only assist me in applying but also in choosing where I eventually would want to go.”

Students will be able to ask questions and learn more about the graduating process.

“The panel will allow the future seniors and juniors to get one-on-one advice from a representative from any of the colleges,” senior Valeria Hernandez said. “It also lights something in their minds that makes them start being serious about college. If I could’ve gone last year, this would’ve helped me because I’ve been procrastinating on college.”

The schools include Auburn University, Louisiana State University, Mississippi State University, Texas A&M University, University of Alabama, University of Arkansas, University of Georgia, University of Mississippi, University of Missouri and University of South Carolina.

“Since I am most likely going to college in the south, asking important questions will let me pinpoint exactly where I would want to go,” Herrera said. “If I could have attended my junior year, my application process might have gone smoother.”

To attend, register using this google documents link.