Junior Class Hosts Spring Shoot Out Friday

Hana Ali, Staff Writer

In order to raise money for prom, the Junior Class will host The Spring Shoot Out, that features a 3 on 3 tournament, and a dunk and shooting contest which which be held Friday in the JV Gym at 6:30 p.m.

“Our primary focus is getting money for prom because we are currently in debt,” junior Alesa Gerald said. “We chose this event because we felt like it would maximize our profits.”

Each participating team must pay a fee of $6. The dunk and shooting contests are both $3.

“Basketball is a common sport that’s very popular so we figured that would be the best way to get the student body involved,” Junior Class Sponsor Keith Howell said.

Winners will receive a prize yet to be announced.

“Anyone can participate,” junior Oreoluwa Obayan said. “We feel like the more people we get involved, the more money we can raise for ourselves so we can use that towards prom.”

Tickets to be in the audience will be $4.

“Basketball players, on a team or not, or anyone who wants to watch can look forward to a really fun event,” Howell said.

Money is due on Wednesday.

“We are supposed to have two fundraisers every year for our student class,” Gerald said. “We hope it’s successful.”

See Coach Howell in Room 1323 or a student council officer for forms to participate.

“It’s close to the end of the year and students really want to have fun,” Obayan said. “The event will allow people to blow off steam in the midst of EOCs, AP and final exams.”